My favourite all time Sleek palette is Storm. I’ve always felt it to be a strong opponent, in my eyes to the Naked palette by Urban Decay, with a perfect mix of glitzy neutrals to bold matte darks which combined together in a 12 pan palette gives you a HUGE choice of looks, from day to night and anywhere in between. It’s the palette I most often reach for. It does everything.
I was happily in love in my relationship with Storm until the pretty new palette came along to tempt me in to cheating on Storm!
Oh So special is a beautiful mix of delicate lights and bold wearable darks in the usual combination of shimmer and matte that we all come to love and expect. Light pretty day looks, strong bold night time party looks, you have it all here in the one palette. This is definitely a budget contender for Nakeds’crown and I’d rather re-buy 5 Sleeks’ than 1 Urban Decay one right?!
I’ve been using this most days since I picked it up and it’s perfect. A matte for the brows, a neutral to highlight and several soft lid colours for a work appropriate look… then when it hits 5pm and it’s party time after work, a quick flick of the darker shades in the crease and you have a sultry dark look to take you in to the wee hours of party time.
For £6.49 what else would give you such versatility? I can’t think of anything, espcially when it works out to be 54p a shadow. The cheapest other eyeshadow on the market that I am aware of are MUA and although they are indeed bigger in size for their £1 price (which are also awesome – check them out) you don’t get the ease and portability or even variety as you do with the Sleek Palette offerings. It makes financial sense, in these budgeting times!
If you’re looking for a new every day set of looks, stuck in a make up rut or just like to hoard Sleek Palettes like I do then this one is definitely for you!
Here’s my run down on the shades :
1. Bow – Super light pink bordering on white shadow. Great for inner eyes and brow bones. A bit chalky – Matte
2. Organza – A rose gold delicate pink. Buildable colour. Slightly duochromatic. Shimmer
3. Ribbon – A salmon pink, again, chalky and a bit tricky to blend but good colour pay off. Matte
4. Gift Basket – Chocolatey rich bronze. Shimmer
5. Glitz – A black tinged teal. Looks gunmetal grey in the pan. Shimmer
6. Celebrate – A black tinged purple / aubergine. Slightly shot with gold fleck with the purple. Shimmer
7. Pamper – A pale baby pink. Again, chalky and quite sheer. Matte
8. Gateau – A gold tinged lilac shade. Super pretty and almost duochromatic on the lid
9. The Mail – A light tan biscuit shade. Very delicate but super useful as a base and to help blending. Barely shows up on me Matte
10. Boxed – Neutral dark taupe / brown. Perfect for brows or soft shadow lining. Matte
11. Wrapped Up – Grey tinged mauve. Great alternative to black for a smokey eye. Matte
12. Noir – needs to explaining. A flat black shadow. Great for lining and crease colour. Matte.
You can buy the Sleek Oh So Special Palette in the following ways :
Sleek’s own website – £6.49