Last week, Daniella and I were kindly invited along to a Benefit event. Held in a super luxurious personal shopping suite (with the poshest Jo Malone filled bathroom I have ever seen!!),we were treated to an evening of fizz, posh chocolates and a whole host of make up chatter as well as goodies to take away and play with!
|Chocolates, bucks fizz and make up, what more does a girl need?|
Hosted by the fantabulous Claire and Katie, we learnt lots of new tips and tricks to take away to get the best out of our Benefit make up as well as making ourselves look even more fabulous than we already do.
|Katie doing a demo on a volunteer model|
Rather than waffle on about what we learned, I have jotted them down in bullet points to make them easier to digest!
– Waterfall effect. When applying your Benefit Total Moisture, use a sponge to press the product on to the skin for hydration without overloading as well as a gorgeous dewy finish to the skin
– If you find you aren’t getting the best results from your Porefessional, try applying a pea size amount with a foundation brush to give good coverage on the skin and form an even base. I can’t wait to try this as I hadn’t actually been applying enough product!
– Mix a small amount of eye cream and Porefessional together and apply to the eye area for moisturisation and coverage that will last the full day through and give a great base for undereye concealer and shadow
– For a highlighting, super long lasting, primer base that won’t draw attention to dry skin, mix Porefessional with That Gal and apply all over the face. The Porefessional will lock your make up on while the That Gal will give the skin luminosity
– For a glowing bronze highlight – mix some loose hoola powder with some Sunbeam on the back of your hand and apply in a V along cheekbones up to brow bones for a bronzed highlight
– If you are unsure of how best to use your Brow-zings, whether it’s wax first or powder first, try Gok Wan’s favourite trick, mix them together first and then apply to the brows in one step. Great definition and colour and time saving all in one step! I tried this this morning and it was great!!
In my bag of goodies to try, I have the Total Moisture face cream*, Sugarbomb blush, a Posie tint*, a Realness of Concealness palette* and finally a light Brow-zings. I am not going to lie, I think I am more excited by the light shade of Browzings than anything else as the Medium I was previously using was just too red toned for me.
Look forward to some more Benefit reviews coming your way soon as I work my way through this little lot!