So, here we go then. My first entry in to my new blog!! Eee how exciting is this!
Let’s give you a bit of background, I am 27, weigh more than I should and I’m slightly neurotic but thanks to the encouragement from “Radio Man”, “Long Suffering Friend” and my husband who will now be known as “The Wife” here I find myself.
I need somewhere to chronicle my journey to being a lady (queue Little Britain sound bites) to keep me on the straight and narrow and hopefully review any products, treatments, brands I find along the way that’s helped me or amazed me as a lot of this will all be new to me, and probably new to quite a few other people out there too. It also means ‘LSF’ no longer needs to listen to me whinge in jealousy at her latest TUKs or pretty going out skirts! *shakes a jealous fist*
I’m a tom boy, buy more leopard print than is healthy and obsessed with all things 1950s. I’m heavily pierced and have a few tattoos. This is not a good combination, trust me. I can’t walk in heels, I am not lady like enough to wear skirts and my handbags scream “circus clown” more than demure grown up chic and none of my bras match my knickers either. I am pretty obsessive over my hair and make up though. I’ve learnt I have to be after years of skin break outs, scalp blisters and straw like hair!
I’m stuck in a rut in my late 20s, No longer able to pull off the baggy jeans, pink mohawk and clubbing 4 nights a week… not quite ready to let that go in exchange for pearls and twinsets either yet. So as I type, I’m in hippy limbo without a clue on where to go next !!!
The big 3-0 is my lady like deadline. By the time I hit 30 I hope to :
1) Have beautifully healthy shiny bouncy hair in a natural(ish) colour. REMEDY – stop DIY bleaching my hair to a platinum-esque colour and condition more. Stop home cutting too.
2) Be groomed and have healthy nourished skin. REMEDY – Start actually using something more than water and baby wipes to take care of my super sensitive skin. Stop being a pikey and actually pay some money out for decent brands instead of shite in nice bottles.
3) Be able to spend a full day in high heels. REMEDY – Get practising!
4) Lose tonnes of weight and be a super svelte glamorous 50s pin up. REMEDY – Weight Watchers here I come baby!
5) Stop swearing like a drunk sailor and having more decorum. REMEDY…. not a clue LOL
I have just over 3 yr and my journey starts here, and boy do I feel like Eliza Doolittle …….